We know you will face challenges and mentoring is a great way to help you overcome them, build your knowledge and help you achieve.
The Women Building Australia National Mentoring Program 2021 provides women with up to 5 years of experience in the building and construction industry with access to support, encouragement and advice from experienced individuals through a virtual or face to face mentoring relationship. Mentoring is an excellent way to help women to participate and succeed in the building and construction industry.
- The Women Building Australia National Mentoring Program is an 9-month program commencing 3 February 2021.
- Mentors and mentees will be matched according to application details and are required to attend three events - Program Launch, Mid-Program Review and Program Close - all of which will be delivered via Webinars (all Webinars are in AEST).
- The Women Building Australia National Mentoring Program provides an e-mentoring service. Face-to-face mentoring interaction can also occur.
- You will be expected to provide mentoring contact at least monthy, either face-to-face or virtually, depending on location and personal preference.
- You will complete an online training program provided by Art of Mentoring to prepare you for the program.
To join as a mentee, you must:
- Identify as a woman
- Be employed full-time or part-time in the building and construction industry (apprentice, tradeswoman, technician, professional, administration)
- Have between zero and five years experience in residential, commercial and/or civil construction
- Be available for the full length of the program, participate in program training and webinars, and complete program surveys.
Join as a mentee
To join as a mentor, you must be female or male & must:
- Be working in the building and construction industry in a management or supervisory role, including running your own business
- Have at least six years industry experience
- Be available for the full length of the program, participate in training and webinars, and complete program surveys.
Join as a mentor
You will be asked to complete an online application form to collect information about you and what you’re looking for in a mentoring partner. This information will inform the matching process, helping to align mentees and mentors and aiding in creating successful outcomes for those involved.