Electrical Engineering Draftsperson
As an electrical engineering draftsperson, you prepare detailed drawings and plans of electrical installations and circuitry.
You support electrical engineers.
- Technical Work
- Working with others
- Working in an office and outdoor settings
A typical day may involve:
- assisting electrical engineers and engineering technologists in design and layout of electrical installation and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry.
It helps to be good at:
- communicating clearly
- planning projects
- using design software
- solving problems
- keeping things organised
- Cert IV in Electrical Equipment and Systems
- Advanced Diploma Electrical - Engineering
You may be able to work in:
- Infrastructure services
Electrical engineering technician