We know you will face challenges and mentoring is a great way to help you overcome them, build your knowledge and help you achieve.
The Women Building Australia National Mentoring Program provides women with up to 5 years of experience in the building and construction industry with access to support, encouragement and advice from experienced individuals through a virtual or face-to-face mentoring relationship. Mentoring is an excellent way to help women to participate and succeed in the building and construction industry.
- The Women Building Australia National Mentoring Program is an 9-month program.
- Mentors and mentees will be matched according to application details and are required to attend three events - Program Launch, Mid-Program Review and Program Close - all of which will be delivered via Webinars (all Webinars are in AEST).
- The Women Building Australia National Mentoring Program provides an e-mentoring service. Face-to-face mentoring interaction can also occur.
- You will be expected to provide mentoring contact at least monthy, either face-to-face or virtually, depending on location and personal preference.
- You will complete an online training program provided by Art of Mentoring to prepare you for the program.
To learn more download the Women Building Australia National Mentoring Program Information Pack
To join as a mentee, you must:
- Identify as a woman
- Be employed full-time or part-time in the building and construction industry (apprentice, tradeswoman, technician, professional, administration)
- Have between zero and five years experience in residential, commercial and/or civil construction
- Be available for the full length of the program, participate in program training and webinars, and complete program surveys.
Join as a mentee
To join as a mentor, you must be female or male & must:
- Be working in the building and construction industry in a management or supervisory role, including running your own business
- Have at least six years industry experience
- Be available for the full length of the program, participate in training and webinars, and complete program surveys.
Join as a mentor
You will be asked to complete an online application form to collect information about you and what you’re looking for in a mentoring partner. This information will inform the matching process, helping to align mentees and mentors and aiding in creating successful outcomes for those involved.