Solid plasterers apply decorative and protective coverings of plaster, cement or similar materials to the interiors and exteriors of buildings.
Solid plasterers can work alone or in groups of two or three, both indoors and outdoors.
Solid Plasterers may perform tasks including:
- plumbing and straightening corners, angles, wall and ceiling surfaces;
- mixing and applying coats of plaster, cement or similar materials to walls and ceilings, levelling and smoothing using trowels to obtain an even thickness;
- fixing precast cornices and panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings; and
- erecting scaffolding (subject to licence requirements in some states) and trestles.
- able to use hand tools
- interest in learning to work from plans
- able to work at heights
- good health and stamina and free from allergies to materials used
Education and Training
Entry to this occupation is by way of an apprenticeship. Pre-apprenticeship courses are available.
- Apprenticeship in Solid Plastering